Accessible Medical Exam Room
What an accessible exam room should look like!
- A clear floor space, 30″ X 48″ minimum, adjacent to the exam table and adjoining accessible route make it possible to do a side transfer.
- Adjustable height accessible exam table lowers for transfers.
- Providing space between table and wall allows staff to assist with patient transfers and positioning. When additional space is provided, transfers may be made from both sides.
- Amount of floor space needed beside and at end of exam table will vary depending on method of patient transfer and lift equipment size.
- Accessible route connects to other accessible public and common use spaces.
- Accessible entry door has 32″ minimum clear opening width with door open 90 degrees.
- Maneuvering clearances are needed at the door to the room.