Share Our Strength’s Cooking Matters™ teaches individuals and families how healthy cooking can be delicious, enjoyable—and most important—affordable.
Through this FREE 6-week courseyou can learn how to select nutritious and low-cost ingredients and prepare them in flavorful ways that provide the best nourishment for you and your family.
- Cooking techniques, food safety, storage, and sanitation
- Preparing nutritious and delicious food on a budget
- Nutrition information to keep your family healthy
- Budgeting tips to stretch your food dollars and maximize your budget
Each Week Participants Receive:
- Hand-on culinary instruction from a chef and a shared meal with the class
- A bag of FREE groceries for adult participants to take home and prepare for their families while practicing the skills learned in class
- Recipe book, graduation certificate, and gift bag upon completion of the course
*Course is open to adults
**Courses are open to households at or below 185% of the federal poverty level (about $3,747/month for a family of four). Proof of income is not required.
To sign up contact Darci Reagan email@example.com