Help us continue to provide community support and services.

Disability Action Center NW

Housing Advocacy & Assistance

Housing Advocacy & Assistance

In America, access is always about architecture and never about human beings. - John Hockenberry

You are faced with numerous challenges in finding adequate housing to meet your disability needs. Homes may require the installation of a ramp or grab bars to increase accessibility. Our staff has access to resources to conduct home modifications for qualified individuals.

DAC can provide assistance with:

If you are looking for Housing Legal Assistance try Idaho Volunteer Lawyers at 208334-4510
or Idaho Lawyer Referral at 208-334-4500
You can email for housing legal assistance at

Need help paying for home water and sewer?

A federal program (LIHWAP) helps low income families pay for drinking water and waste water services. It can cover reconnection services, late fees and current bill amount.

Who is eligible? Households whose combined income is below 60% of state median income, receive SNAP benefits, SSI, means tested Veteran’s programs or Low Income Home Energy Assistance.

How to apply? Contact your local Community Action Agency. Benefits are paid to the utility vendor.