News from LINC
Become a Self-Advocate!
You can apply for Self-Advocacy and Leadership Training (SALT) through June 25th.
We believe that all Idahoans have the right to speak up for themselves. We have the right to choose the services we want. Decisions about our lives should not be made without us. To achieve these goals, we need to be self-advocates.
If you or someone you know is interested in becoming a self-advocate, apply for the SALT training now.
As a Self-Advocate, you will learn how to:
- Speak or act for yourself
- Decide what is best for you and taking charge of getting it.
- Stand up for your rights as a person.
Most important, you will meet other self-advocates from around Idaho. Together we can make a difference.
Here are a few more details:
- Trainings will happen in July, August, and September.
- We will use Zoom to meet virtually.
- Technology, training, and internet access is available for self-advocates.
- Up to 12 self-advocates will be accepted into the program.
- 5-6 training sessions, each no more than 2 hours.
- The schedule will be set once we know who is participating.
To apply, go to https://www.lincidaho.org/program/s-a-l-t
Or call 208-336-3335 ext 212
LINC has three offices to serve you. www.lincidaho.org
1182 Eastland Drive North
Twin Falls ID 83301
(208) 733-1712 VOICE
(208) 733-7711 TDD
1878 West Overland Road
Boise ID 83705
(208) 336-3335 VOICE
(208) 336-3335 TDD
(208) 384-5037 FAX
703 S. Kimball Ave
Caldwell ID 83605
(208) 454-5511 VOICE
(208) 454-5511 TDD
(208) 454-5515 FAX