News from SILC Idaho
Promoting Independent Living for all Idahoans
The weather is warm, okay…down right HOT, people are starting to feel a little safer about going out, and travel is on a lot of people’s minds. Now the next question is where to go? For many, the answer is CAMPING! The Idaho State Parks and Recreation website is a great place to start your search for the perfect spot. Whether you are interested in tent, RV, cabins or something else…you can find the best spot for your needs. Right now, most reserved sites in state parks are full, there are a few that have first come, first served campsites, especially for those that can start their adventure during the work week!
Whether you are looking for an accessible location, want a spot near water, or like me, prefer flushing toilets, you can find it all. Make sure you check for campfire restrictions before you go! https://idahostateparks.reserveamerica.com/home.page
If camping is not your style, take a look at some other locations you are interested in exploring, but remember to check out any travel restrictions that may be in effect in the area you choose.
Perhaps you are dreaming of a vacation, but just not ready or able to venture out quite yet. Staycations can be amazing! Turn your home or city into a vacation destination.
1. Take a nap! Start your staycation off with a little rest and relaxation in the form of a nice, long nap.
2. Take a mini road trip! Get out of the house and take a road trip to a spot just an hour or two away. Enjoy the day by exploring new sights, eating at new restaurants, and shaking off your stir-crazy ways with hitting the open road.
3. Get outside! Take a hike in the great outdoors or enjoy a peaceful walk in a nearby park. Pack a lunch for the trip and enjoy a picnic with friends and family.
4. Explore your city! Use this staycation to take in the sights and sounds of your city. Check with the local Chamber of Commerce for ideas.
5. Camp in your backyard! Pitch a tent, light a fire in the fire pit (check restrictions) and make s’mores while creating fun memories.
Whatever you decide to do, remember that you are taking a step away from some of the responsibilities of your everyday life and just trying to relax. Happy travels!