Housing Advocacy & Assistance

renters rights

You are faced with numerous challenges in finding adequate housing to meet your disability needs. Homes may require the installation of a ramp or grab bars to increase accessibility. Our staff has access to resources to conduct home modifications for qualified individuals.


DAC can provide assistance with:

  • Landlord-tenant disputes
  • Home modifications
  • Applications for housing assistance
  • Reasonable accommodation requests
  • Transitioning from a nursing home to your home

If you are looking for Housing Legal Assistance try Idaho Volunteer Lawyers at 208334-4510
or Idaho Lawyer Referral at 208-334-4500
You can email for housing legal assistance at zolson@ifhcidaho.org

Washington Eviction Bridge Proclamation effective July 1 – September 20, 2021

Tenants who have been living in hotels/motels/Air BnB’s/long term care facilities and other non-traditional housing ARE NOT PROTECTED UNDER THE BRIDGE.

Evictions that are typically allowed under the law can still happen. Just those for non-payment of rent can not be evicted. Late fees are still prohibited through December 31, 2021. Rent increases are allowed after July 1st, but require 60 days of written notice before they go into effect.

Rent owed from February 2020 to July 31, 2021 – Landlord may begin the eviction process only iff rental assistance programs are operational in your county, and mediation programs are operational in your county and they give you written notice to invite you to participate in those programs, and you refuse or do not respond within 14 days. YOUR LANDLORD MUST OFFER YOU A REPAYMENT PLAN!