Help us continue to provide community support and services.

Disability Action Center NW

Resources to Help You Find Work if You Have a Disability

Quick Reference for Jobseekers:
Resources to Help You Find Work if You Have a Disability

There are many paths to finding employment for individuals with disabilities. Below are organizations and online resources that can assist you with your job search.

Online Job Posting Boards for People with Disabilities:

One method for finding employment is by posting your resume on an online job board. Although EARN does not offer a job board, there are several organizations that do:

Job Boards for Veterans with Disabilities:

Programs for College Students with Disabilities:

Recruitment Assistance Organizations for People with Disabilities:

The following organizations offer assistance to job seekers with disabilities. Click on the resource link to find the location of the organization nearest to you.

Local Vocational Rehabilitation Organization
Vocational rehabilitation (VR) organizations provide support to individuals with disabilities who are interested in joining, or rejoining, the workforce.

One Stop Career Centers
One Stop Career Centers assist job seekers with and without disabilities in finding employment through job banks, publications, and other resources.

Independent Living Centers
Independent Living Centers are organizations that help individuals with disabilities maintain independence by providing job coaching and training, information on disability in the workplace, and may have information on employers who actively recruit people with disabilities.

Work Incentives Program and Assistance Project (WIPA) & Ticket to Work (TTW)

WIPA and TTW provide SSA beneficiaries with information about work incentives, benefit planning, and making good choices about work within the Ticket to Work Program. For more information, visit:

Federal Hiring

According to the 2010 Executive Order, Federal agencies are required to increase the hiring of people with disabilities. The Schedule A hiring flexibility is one way for people with disabilities to be considered for Federal employment. For more information, check out The ABCs of Schedule A.
Once you have obtained all the necessary documentation, contact the Selective Placement Program Coordinator at the agency for which you would like to work.

Additional Online Resources for Job Seekers

  • ADA National Network: Regional ADA Centers provide information, guidance, and training on the Americans with Disabilities Act. They can assist job seekers in identifying information to assist them with their job search.
  • JobTIPS: JobTIPS is a free program designed to help individuals with disabilities such as autism explore career interests, seek and obtain employment, and successfully maintain employment. JobTIPS addresses the social and behavioral differences that might make identifying, obtaining, and keeping a job more difficult for an individual with a disability.
  • mySkills myFuture: This DOL website helps laid-off workers and other career changers find new occupations to explore. Users can identify occupations that require skills and knowledge similar to their current or previous job, learn more about these suggested matches, locate local training programs, and/or apply for jobs.
  • Call to Serve: A joint initiative between the Partnership for Public Service and the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM), Call to Serve, is dedicated to helping you learn more about careers in the federal government. To date, more than 642 campuses and 75 federal agencies have joined together to form the Call to Serve network.

Additional Online Resources for Disabled Veterans

  • Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Coordinator: The Department of Veterans Affairs offers a variety of support services for veterans with disabilities. For general information about these services, contact your local veterans office using their directory.
  • Employment: National Resource Directory: The National Resource Directory is a website that connects wounded warriors, service members, veterans, and their families with those who support them. It offers access to services at the national, state and local levels to support recovery, rehabilitation and community reintegration.
  • DisABLEDperson, Inc. – Microsoft IT Academy for Wounded Warriors: This program offered by disABLEDperson, Inc. offers wounded warriors the opportunity to gain marketable job skills through the Microsoft IT Academy Program of eLearning for Wounded Warriors.
  • AMVETS – The official website for American Veterans assists veterans and sponsors numerous programs.
  • Compensated Work Therapy: Compensated Work Therapy (CWT) is a Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) vocational rehabilitation program that endeavors to match and support work-ready veterans in competitive jobs, and to consult with business and industry regarding their specific employment needs. In some locations CWT is also known as Veterans Industries.
  • Operation Warfighter – Operation Warfighter (OWF) is a temporary assignment/internship program, developed by the Department of Defense, for service members that are convalescing at military treatment facilities at first in the National Capitol Region but increasingly throughout the United States. The program provides recuperating service members with meaningful activity outside of the hospital environment and offers a formal means of transition back to the military or civilian workforce.
  • Paralyzed Veterans of America – Through a broad range of services and experts, Paralyzed Veterans of America works to positively change lives and build brighter futures for our nation’s veterans with disabilities and their families.
  • Wounded Warriors – This non-profit organization strives to raise awareness and enlist the public’s aid for the needs of injured service members, to help injured service members aid and assist each other, and to provide unique, direct programs and services to meet the needs of injured services members.

Questions? For further consultation or assistance, contact EARN or call 1-855-AskEARN (1-855-275-3276.)